Thursday, March 19, 2009

Taaa Daaa!

Well yesterday I spent running around in semi-circles. While on the phone with Tom, I found the kitchen phone was cutting out. I had to stand in one spot to continue the conversation. It seems that the cord was bad right at the handset. A real quick looh made me thing the cord was molded into the handset. This made sense to me because it was a cheap phone. So, I went to Best Buys and got the shock of my life. They don't carry phones with a cord anymore. So, I bought a cordless phone that could be wall mounted. Now this seems like a reasonable solution, but the problem was that this type of phone requires an electrical supply. We have one nearby, but the cord looks messy going around a corner and across the wall. I re-examined the old phone and found that I had made a mistake and the cord to the handset was a standard cord and could be easily replaced. I walked around to the store, but had to settle for a white cord to put on the black phone. The old phone is now back where it belongs.
We decided that the new phone could replace the phone in the den. I am now programing all the frequently called numbers into it. It is a little complex. The difficult part will come when I have to show Nancy how to use this feature. (Now that will be complex.)
But the really big Taaa Daaa moment came when my car radio arrived, I put it in and it plays like a brand new one. Taaa Daaa! I am, however having some problem getting it snapped in place. I need someone with a little more strength than I posses.
Thats about it for now.
Love.

5 comments:

Katie said...

THANK GOD that the radio dilemma is over!! I know you must be so relieved!! :) Good luck with the new phone!! Love ya! :)

Peggie said...

I must echo Katie's sentiments. I couldn't take the drama over the car radio much longer. I'm so happy it's finally over!!! LOL ;)

Even if I don't posess the strength to install your new radio, I'm sure Steve can do it when we get there on Friday. The trick will be one of us (you or me) remembering to ask him to do it!!!

Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Love ya!!

JP2E said...

I can remember when "car phones" had a cord and radios plugged into the wall. But then, you recall those days as well. Good work on the phones. Good luck with mom.
Hey Steve,just a reminder; help dad get that radio locked in, would ya'?. Thanks...

CShore said...

I was going to suggest Radio Shack for a phone, or else Wal*Mart, but either of them may have the cord you need as well. Of course now I am much much too late, so it is all moot!

I am also happy to hear that your car stereo is resolved. Enjoy it!

Sue said...

I thought I left a comment yesterday but I guess it didn't take.

Walmart might have a black cord for your phone. It never hurts to have a back up. We have to replace our wall phone cord about every 3 or 4 years.