Monday, March 9, 2009

The Sage Continues!!!

Eureka!!! The UPS truck arrived this afternoon and brought my car radio. Boy was I happy. This thing has been on a national tour with UPS. I pulled my old radio out and slapped that sucker right in the car. You guessed it, at first it worked, then when I tried to change the station I got nothing. Nada! Naught! The CD player wouldn’t even take a disk. I was not happy. The thing sounded like there was no antenna attached. I double checked all the connections but no luck.
I called the supplier and they asked me if I had the ‘code’. Of course I didn’t. She said she would check and call me back. In a little while she called back and gave me a V I N number. She says to call any Mercury dealer, give them the V I N number and they would give me the ‘code’ for that radio. I called and they passed me from the Parts department to the service department. The man there said that Mercury radios don’t need a ‘code’, they are all plug & play, only some foreign cars require a ‘code’. He said I could come in and “talk” to their radio man face to face.
I called the supplier back and told them this information and that I was not happy. They said to send the radio back and they would send me another one.
Soooo. Here I am back to square one but with some money invested in a cat and mouse game of chicken,
On a different topic, Tom went to the job bid for Captains this morning and got a firehouse that he thought would be gone by the time he got to bid. He is one happy fireman right now. Look for a blog from him, I know he will want to share the news.
I have somehow lost Tom on my Google Reader list and don’t how to get him back. Help someone.
Love.

5 comments:

Katie said...

STINK!!! I sure hope you are eventually able to get this whole radio thing resolved!! Also, welcome to Facebook!! Love ya! :)

Peggie said...

I can't believe your luck with these silly radios!! At least you have a little excitement in your life and something to blog about!!! That's something, isn't it???

Tom's blog address is

http://tomsoccasionalblog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default

You should be able to copy this link and add it to your subscriptions list. Let me know if that doesn't work and we'll hash it out.

Talk to you soon.

Love ya!!

JP2E said...

Time for an IPOD!!!
Maybe you can find a live band to play in the back seat until the "new" radio gets here.LOL...

Sue said...

I think I must be the last one NOT on Facebook.
You are having a bad radio experience. Isn't technology wonderful!

CShore said...

Well, at least you know the UPS guy can find your house now!

Keep us posted, hope it works out.