Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy April Fools day!!!

Today is a very favorite one to me. As a youth I was prone to participate in some sort of foolishness on this special day. It has always been a fun day for me. It's not that I haven't had jokes played on me, on the contrary, I have been the but of some good pranks.
The greatest Aprils Fools prank was perpetrated by my son Tom. He knew that it was my habit to read the newspaper while I ate breakfast, even though the paper was delivered in the afternoon. I would ignore it so that I might enjoy it with breakfast. He had saved the paper for a whole year and on April 1st he replaced the real paper with the year old edition. I never caught on and read it from front to back. I really got angry that the Braves were still paying a lousy pitcher that we had dumped a long time before.
I even mentioned to Nancy that a new store was opening up in our area. She argued that that store had been there for a long time. This sort of thing went along for several days, and Tom thought I was angry with him because I never mentioned about the prank. Nancy finally showed me that I had read a year old paper. What a classic gag. You gotta love it.
This year I don't think there will be any high jinks on this day, but one never knows.
Later this afternoon I will will be participating in a fund raiser at the Gwinnett Senior center. It's called "Sit For A While". It is to raise money to fight hyperactivity in seniors. It really looks like it will be a lot of fun if we can keep all the participants awake.
That's about it for now.
Love.

3 comments:

Peggie said...

Thanks for the great memory. I know that has gone down in the Towhey Archives for generations to come.

But, have you zinged us yet again???? HYPER ACTIVITY IN SENIORS???? Is this for real???? Whatever.....hope you have a great day and don't fall asleep in public!!

Love ya!!

CShore said...

Great prank, and good for you working towards such a worthwhile goal today haha.

Katie said...

How'd it go with the seniors?? Did you calm them down!! ;)