Saturday, April 18, 2009

Time rolls on.

As everyone says, not much new here. Just wanted to blog since it has been a while. I have enjoyed reading others blog very much. I am really having a good time on 'Facebook', even I don't understand what is happening.
Last week, while the children were on spring break, Tom's family and I went to the High Museum to see the exhibit " The First Emperor's Terracotta Army". What a great exhibit, very impressive. While we were there, for less money than it would have cost for all of our admissions, we became members of the museum. This means we can go to all the exhibits free and bring guests. Pretty cool.
I did have a mower adventure this weekend. Even though we are still decorating the rooms we had painted, the weather was good on Friday and the grass was getting out of control. I got the front yard cut and shut the mower off while I attended to some other chores. When I got back on the mower, not only would it not start, but it sounded like the battery was completely dead. I tried to jump start it, but it did no good. I removed the battery and took it to the shop that services mowers. They charge it and tested and said it was 'good to go'. I put the battery in and it acted just the same. I felt the battery cable and it was really hot. I was sure I had a dead short in the electrical system. Dennis came over on Saturday morning with a trailer and we went back to the shop. As I explained the problem to the mechanic, He asked to look at the mower himself. Dennis was ready to get the thing off the trailer. The man raised the hood and shook the fly wheel back and forth. He said it's fixed. Seems the starter was hung up on the fly wheel. We brought the tractor home and, much to my consternation, I had to cut the back yard.

5 comments:

JP2E said...

You will mnever "cut it" as a professional lanscaper. LOL...

Peggie said...

I hate it when I have a HUGE problem and someone comes along and just jiggles something and the problem disappears....makes me feel like a real dummy. I'm glad that's all it took, though.....

Sounds like life is just going on. That's a GOOD thing...

I'm enjoying Facebook too.

Talk to you soon....

Love ya!!

Katie said...

I guess you forgot to "jiggle the handle"... HaHaHa! Love ya! :)

Sue said...

I had a moment like that when the "number 3" will not work on our bedroom TV so when the power came back on I tried to reset it 03 but it simply refused. Jim walked in and pushed the button and there it was 03 - I could just scream.

Bill T said...

I have had fun wuth facebook but do not understand the reason some things show uo on my page and others come to my e-mail then never show up on my page. I see conversations of people I do not know.