Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Seems there is a slowdown!



After the rush of blogs, there seems to be a slowdown, so I thought I would blog just for the fun of it.
A quote for today: "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for one day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm the rest of his life."

One of the nice things about getting old is that you like to reflect on some of the good times in your life. Our recent vacation is just such a time. We were four happy old folks doing what we wanted to do and enjoying each other. The picture above is of the Marine Corps Memorial in Washington. We spent a day visiting some of the highlights of that wonderful city. It really made me want to return and see it at my leisure.


This picture is of the changing of the guard at the Tomb Of The Unknown in Arlington National Cemetery. Only Betty & I had enough breath to make it on time to see this. This is after we all visited the grave of President Kennedy.

Nothing much has been happening around here after we got settled back at home. Today Nancy is off with her friends for 'Games Day' This happens the first Wednesday of every month, and it is a time for all the girls to get together and have a lot of laughs.

Until later, Love to all of you.

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Great to hear from you. Looks like you got rid of that pesky "letter thingy" on your comment page!! WOO-HOO for you!!!!! You're right about the slow-down. I'll try to hold up my end of things...later....

Love ya!!

CShore said...

I just want you to know that your blog has inspired me to write one of my own right (write?) now! I am glad you had such a great trip, I have always wanted to go to D.C. to visit some of those places. I never have had any interest in going anywhere like NYC either, but one day I would like to visit there to see the memorial where the Towers used to stand. That city now has a much greater importance to me than it once did. Take care and enjoy your day of bachelorhood!

JP2E said...

Loved your fire story - that was a HOT ONE!!!
I agree with you about seeing the country; We have so much here that is worth experiencing.
Hoping to stop by and see you again this week if time allows...

Katie said...

Glad to hear that you had a good trip!! DC is one place that I've never been and would like to visit someday!! Love ya!! :)

Sue said...

When Jim and I drove to DC many years ago in the early 1980's, it was a very memorable trip. I should blog on it sometimes.