Saturday, June 21, 2008

Another vacation/

Here it is, Saturday morning and we are getting ready to leave for Tybee Island. I thought I would get in a quick blog before we left.
This past week has had it's ups and downs.
Last Sunday was Father's Day and I got to see most of the boys and their families. It is always a good day when the family come to visit. All in all it was a great day. We also celebrated Mike's Birthday. More family fun.
Not much happened till Wednesday when I went to cut the lawn (read this as green weeds). After getting the front done I went to the back yard and hit something big and bent one of the blades. To get to the blades I had to remove the mowing deck from the tractor. This is a rather strenous activity, but I got it done. I got some new blades and put them on. Re-attaching the deck was another tough task, but I got 'er done. I went on to cut the back 40 and the darn belt kept comming off. After several attempts and failures I looked under the tractor and saw that the tension pully was damaged. I didn't have the time or willpower to drop that deck again so it will be waiting for me when I return.
But, this is Saturday and I am going to Tybee for the week and I will lay back and relax.
Hope everyone has a good week.
Love.

5 comments:

JP2E said...

I guess you will be reding this at Tybee or maybe when you get back, so just relax and have a good time.
Hope the weather stays great for your visit to the beach. Say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Mike...

Katie said...

I wish we were joining you in Tybee. Have a wonderful time, and eat some good seafood for me!! :)

CShore said...

I agree, I wish I was going to Tybee this week as well! Funny you mentioned that about your blades, I hit 3 rocks this past time cutting my yard and took a huge chunk out of mine. I think I am going to have to replace them, which is a shame since this is the first year for this mower! Oh well, that's how it goes sometimes. Have a great trip.

Peggie said...

I'm sure working on that mower was NOT what you planned to do last week. Sometimes we don't get to choose exactly what we will be doing next. I'm sure the mower is happy just waiting for your return....;) Hope you all have a GREAT time at Tybee. If any "emergencies" arise, I'm just up the road a piece and can be there in a couple of hours!!! LOL....Give my love to all and enjoy your time in our little "Shangrila".....Love to all.

Sue said...

Sorry you already have Fix it job waiting for you at home. Tybee must be lovely this time of year and I know Heather and Hannah will keep you busy.