Saturday, June 28, 2008

The end of another vacation.

Well here it is, Saturday afternoon and we have just returned from Tybee Island. It was a great week with lots going on.
Of course there was my phone fiasco. On Sunday, after my morning walk, I could not find my cell phone. Everyon searched the house and I searched my car, but to no avail. we tried calling the phone, but no one answered. We finally went into Savannah to the phone stoer. The same one I got that phone 3 years earlier after my first phone fiasco. We had to renew our contract for another 2 years, but we got the phone cheap. We have concludded that the phone was probably still set to silent mode from Mass on Saturday night. This new phone has a lot more features and is much more complex than the old one and I am strugeling with it. My wonder wife gave me a 'Blue Tooth' earpiece to go with the new phone. Fortunatly Jennell Foy was familiar with these things and got me started properly on that. The worst part is that I have to enter all those phone numbers again.
We did the beach on Sunday. Surf, sand and sea and fun. We did River street on Monday (and the phone store of course). We had shrimp & grits at Huey's. I spent the evening trying to understand the new phone. After pushing a lot of buttons, I noticed there was a big blue 'E' on my screen. try as I may I could not get rid of it or even find out what I did to get it there.
The new earpiece had a broken hook that goes around the ear. So, back to the phone store we went on Tuesday. They replaced the hook on the earpiece. Then they explained that the 'E' was the network I connected to and can't be removed.
Each day of the week the gang had something going on. Ther was the dolphin tour, the beach and the store visits (including ice cream stores).
My best time came every afternoon after the sun left the deck. There was always a great breeze and a great view of the ocean. That was also the time for a nice glass of Merlot. (Oh the joy of vacation)
the week ende on Friday night when the proll family joined us at the 'Crab Shack'. Good food added to a good view makes life a wonderful thing.
Sorry I have no pictures to add to this blog. So I'll say Love.

5 comments:

Katie said...

I'm glad you had such a marvelous vacation!! I hope we can do it all together next summer before Bryan leaves!! :)

JP2E said...

I guess the new phone is the reason you mistook me for Tom; NO CALLER ID YET!!
Glad the trip went well (otherwise) and am looking forward to photos and stories soon...

Peggie said...

Glad you all had a great vacation and it's especially good to hear that you made it home safely. Hope to hear from Mike and/or Heather to be sure they got home in one piece too. I'm with Katie.....I hope we can all do it next year. I miss Tybee!!! Love ya!!

CShore said...

Now you and my mom can blue tooth together! Glad to hear the trip went so well (hey, if losing your phone is the worst thing to happen, you must be doing pretty good, right?)

Bill T said...

I’m still jealous.