Sunday, August 24, 2008

Back from th"Dead Fred"

Here it is, Sunday morning (late) and we are back at Kate's house. There will be a gathering of some of the clan later today. Nan is busy making a 'Tomato Pie' for later and El is busy in the kitchen along with Kate.
Last night was "Dead Fred's " party and it was a great time for all It was good to be with so many old friends and meet some new ones. There aere 3 young people there from the modern Battalion, and 2 of them sat at our table. One is already retired and the other is a current member. The unit is being activated for deployment in Iraq. They leave on September 19 for Camp Shelby Mississippi. I gave the young Leiutenant my E-Mail address and he promised he would keep in touch, I hope he does.
This morning we had breakfast with my friend Robbie and his significant other before Mass.
So now we are getting ready to meet the other relations and enjoy each other.
Tomorrow we will motor (I hate that phrase) to NJ to visit my sister and my sister in law. I should be able to blog from there.
I just finished the book "The Last Lecture" and it is spectacular. Thanks Sue. This is a book for all ages and as soon as Nan finishes it, it will be up for grabs. It is wonderful reading.
Love.

2 comments:

JP2E said...

Glad your having a good time. If Mom is in the kitchen things must be going well.
Please share some of the news from the deployment when that young guy posts, it would be nice to hear how things are going over there.
See ya' when you get back...

Peggie said...

Glad things are going well. Give a big South Carolina "Hello" to all from Steve and me. We really wish we could be there for the fun.... I'm looking forward to the next installment of your journey. Love ya!!