Monday, December 1, 2008

And life goes on!

The weekend has ended and we are all facing the next week in our lives. I read Pegs blog and Mikes blog and will try to incorporate Pegs challenge in my blog.
Thanksgiving at Mikes home was really wonderful. Great people, great food and so much fun. There was so much to eat that some of us missed a dish.
Friday we celebrated Tom & Bens birthdays. Bryan (Toms person) was not there and Peg was, we opened up the invitation to everyone who could make it. We really had a houseful. Kelly even brought her friend Josh with her. Jim was there, but not Sue. All in all, we had something like 24 people at tables. we were all sitting around gabbing and remembering things when I looked at Nancy & said, "great day" and she replied, "really great day."
Now to comment on Peg's challange, I have to agree with Mike. Family and friends are what I am most thankful for. I will never be able to understand families that don't not only get along, but have the time of their lif with and want to be with them all the time.
Love.

4 comments:

Peggie said...

Thanks for taking my challenge. I know we all agree on the family thing... it's unimaginable to me that people who grew up together wouldn't get along.....

Thanks for the great weekend. Can't wait to do it all again at Christmas.

Love to you and Mom....

Katie said...

I'm sorry we missed out on Thanksgiving, but you can count most of us in for Christmas!!! See you soon!! :)

CShore said...

It was great to see everyone!

Sue said...

Sorry I missed out on the fun but I was with the near perfect grandchildren.