Thursday, September 18, 2008

Home again, home again!!!

Well, here it is Thursday afternoon and we have arived safely home from Tybee. Tuesday night we went to the low country boil at the resort. The lady that runs this event collects thosezip top tabs. The Scherers and us each had a baggy full of them. I used it to bribe her into letting our table go first in line.
Last night we went to a restaurant we had never been to before. Peg had a friend that recommended it. All I will say is I'm not sure that person really is a friend. It was a rundown bar & restaurant near a boat ramp on a river. The menu was sparse, They had shrimp& crab. Of course for the non-seafood eaters, they di offer hot dogs. We had a good time there and the food was well done, but was a typical fish camp atmosphere. We got some rain on the way home. It was much needed.
Of course I walked the beach this morning, but it was a very disappointing sun rise due to the lingering clouds. In fact none of the sunrises this week were less than great. After the walk & shower, we ate at the "world Famous Breakfast Club". What great food. (eat your heart out).
That's it for now.
Love.

5 comments:

Katie said...

So you saved the breakfast club for your last morning, huh?? Is that so that you can now get your blood sugar back in line by being home and eating "normal" food?!?! :) I'm glad you guys had a good time!! You can rest assured that us Texans are jealous of your trip!! Love ya!! :)

CShore said...

Glad to hear you had a great trip. If you took any pictures, you should upload them to your blog! Talk to you soon.

Peggie said...

I'm afraid that the restaurant "recommendation" somehow got lost in translation......If you went to Desposito's, I mentioned it because it was written up in Southern Living. HOWEVER, when I mentioned it to mom I told her that it has been there since 1965 and I felt that if we had never been there before, there must be a reason for that!!! Now we all know what that reason is!!!! Oh well, I'm glad you made it home safely anyway and had a fun trip. Can't wait to see your photos!! Talk to you soon. Love ya!!

Bill T said...

Rub it in, Go-a-head. I can hear Hellen's soladerity (AKA The Grill Cleaners Special) calling me.

JP2E said...

I had finger food at Denny's school and nutter-butters at the blood bank. Eat your heart out on that...