Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11 Post

I have been reading all the blogs from the family and am proud that you all feel so strongly about this date. It is the 7th anniversary of the terrorist attack on our great nation. I am sitting here writing with a very sad heart and a tear in my eye for all those souls lost on this day. It also makes me so proud of Bryan and all the service men and women who are putting it all on the line to keep this country safe and preserve our precious freedom.
Now that I've said that let me speak of more happy things. Yesterday was Jason's birthday, so we would like to wish him a happy birthday and many more.
Saturday we celebrated Kelly s birthday with a lovely gathering of some of the family. A good time was had by all. Nancy even had bread with the lovely meal. Kelly moved into her own apartment on Sunday, Good luck on the new experience.
Now some preaching!!! This is an election year to elect the next president of these great United States. I won't presume to tell you how to vote, but I will implore you to vote. Please study the issues, listen to the various candidates and vote your conscience. Whatever you do Please vote.
Nancy & I are off again next week. We will be going to Tybee Island (eat your hearts out) on Saturday and coming back on Thursday afternoon. Winnie & Gene have invited us to share their week at Tybrisa with them and we were delighted to accept. So if you call the house and get our house and get the answering machine, call our cell.
Thats about it for now. I will be reading the blogs from the library at Tybee.
Love.

5 comments:

Peggie said...

Thanks for all the family news, as well as the advice on voting. Of course, Steve and I registered to vote when we moved here, so we will gladly go out and vote. I agree that it is imperative, especially this year!! Also, thanks for your views on 9/11. I am so proud of our great country for remaining so patriotic and so moved on this date. I, for one am PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!!! Love ya!!

JP2E said...

I am finally "mature" enough to know that my parents really do know what they are talking about. (LOL)
I have been following your advice on voting for years and will continue to do so...

Katie said...

Bryan and I just got our notifications today that we will be getting our absentee ballots soon (we're still "permanent residents" of Tennessee). You can count on two votes from our house!!

Thanks for the updates on all the family stuff.

Have fun at Tybee. I have no idea when we'll be able to go back there, but I hope it's sooner rather than later!!

Love ya!! :)

CShore said...

Consider my heart eaten out! I haven't been to Savannah in too long. April has never been, so we need to figure out some time to get down there.

We were also talking the other day, and we aren't sure if our voter registration cards are for our current county or still in Williamson, but we plan to find out.

Sue said...

I know you will have a ball with Winnie and Gene at Tybee.
I have been e-mailing everyone at church and friend at work to remind them of the deadlines to get registered and/or to order absentee ballots. We have sent for our absentee ballots. Sometimes we do advance voting but I figure there will be long lines which i want to avoid. We shall fight the good fight.