Monday, September 28, 2009

First to report

Well, I guess I'll be the first to report on the wonderful weekend in the mountains. Bill drove us up to Pigeon Forge without using interstate highways and it was a lovely ride. We came through Gatlinburg and made a few stops including lunch. When we got to Pigeon Forge, we had some time to kill and stopped at an Atlanta Bread Company for a snack and Wi-Fi. It turned out to be the meeting place and we met the rest of our family before going to the cabin.
Now that cabin was something else. It sat on the side of the mountain and provided really great views. The cabin was absolutely beautiful. It was a genuine log cabin done in classy rustic. More classy than rustic. With 8 bedrooms and a ton of sleeper sofas Washington could have housed the Revolutionary army and had room left over. The interior was beautiful knotty pine down to the tables. There was so much to do in the game room that I didn't even mind being house bound due to rain on Saturday. I did, however, mind getting beaten 3 straight time on the Air Hockey table and then 3 straight games of 8 Ball on the pool table by my daughter in law Deb. I gracefully declined a request to play 'Foosball'. (I'm so embarrassed)
The Williams family packed us all with great food all weekend long. I had to abandon my diet for the stay, but the food was wonderful.
Nan & I had a really great time, and it was good to spend some time with the Williams clan. We were happy that Kelly & Josh were there, we don't get to see enough of them. Bryan & Katie were there with Miss Maddy who just charmed everyone. April's brother had their baby there, Emma, who is just 6 months older than Maddy and was busy making friends with everybody.
The drive home was quiet and thankfully uneventful because the weather had cleared. I know I just hit some of the high sopts, but all in all it was a great weekend.

7 comments:

Peggie said...

You're right, it was a GREAT weekend. Even though the weather didn't cooperate, as you said, there was plenty to do at the cabin without having to leave. I might make one minor correction, however. Our hosts were the Southerland family, NOT the Williams family. It could happen to anyone, right??? Glad you had as much fun as I did!!! Hopefullly I'll blog with some photos I was able to take.....

Love ya!!

Katie said...

We, too, had a wonderful time!! It was so great to see you guys!!! :)

Bill T said...

We also had a great time and the cabin was wonderful. The food was also out of this world. Chris and April please thank your family.

Sue said...

Sorry we missed the party but with my cold and sore throat it was probably for the best.
I love the mountains so I know it was a spectacular view.

JP2E said...

Sounds like a great wekend, and a place worth visiting. Glad everyone had a good time. I wish we could have madeit, maybe next time...

CShore said...

We had a great time as well. Thanks everyone for coming out!

CShore said...

.