Monday, October 5, 2009

Oh What a Wonderful Weekend

I'm not sure how to express this blog because I'm sure I can't include all that was part of my desire. As we celebrated my wife's 75th birthday, it could not have gone any better. The two desires I had was that it would be an event she long remember and cherish. Second I wanted it to be a complete surprise. I think we accomplished bot goals.
It was originally my idea, but I knew I needed a whole lot of help, and boy I got it. It is so wonderful to have such an amazing family that showed so much love in their efforts to pull this stunt off. I can't express my thanks for all the family who took charge and worked so hard for Nancy. When it all came together it was perfect. The hall, the food, the cake, the decorations, the music, the planning and most especially all the wonderful family and friends who came from all over to help us celebrate.
Today, when I returned from taking our Yankee guests to the airport, I said, "And how was your weekend, Mrs. Towhey?" Her response was, Absolutely wonderful, just not long enough." I agree with her.
I want to thank all of you who were a part of this event.
Thanks
Love.

6 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad that it was such a success!!! I'm also very glad that Maddy and I could be a part of everything! Great idea!! Love you guys! :)

Sue said...

It was indeed a fabulous weekend of family and fun and most especially a great show of love for Nancy on her birthday. Wish we could bottle it! What a grand time!

JP2E said...

we really pulled it off, didn't we? Glad mom was so pleased, makes all the planning well worth the effort. God bless you both...

Heather 2e said...

Well,we love you both so we were happy to do it!Im so glad she had a great time!

Dottie O said...

Hey Uncle Jim & Aunt Nancy. I had such a wonderful time. Let's hope you all don't tire of this blog site now that I think I've managed to hook myself up. Let's see if I can post some pictures. My 'Blog Title' is 'DottieOsWorld'.

Katie said...

I'd like to be able to read your blog Dottie. Do you mind adding me so I can read it? Thanks! :)