Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Good read

First off, I'm very happy to be writing this blog and not having a surgeon snipping at my insides. Thank you all those great folks who remembered me in their prayers. I'm still doing a whole bunch of medical stuff to satisfy all the requirements of all the doctors that I have been working with.
The real reason for this blog is to let you in on a great read I just finished. It is a book Peg & Steve gave me called "soul Survivor". It is a true story about a little boy who had 'previous life recall. night mares. The story really gets going good when the Mom & Dad start to research the fragments of information the boy reveals. I saw the family on 'Good Morning America' and was fascinated by them. The Dad is a real stickler for proving it to be bunk and winds up paying honor and homage to some very brave WWII vets that prove the veracity of the child's nightmares. I highly recommend this book as a good read.
Love.

4 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad to be reading your blog rather than thinking about you having surgery!! Although, I'm sure that you are more glad!! :) That sounds like a good read. I heard about them on GMA, too. Maybe I'll pick up a copy the next time I find some time to read a book. I am almost finished with "In An Instant". It's a book by Bob and Lee Woodruff about Bob's accident in Iraq. I HIGHLY recommend it!! Love ya! See you in a few weeks!! :)

Peggie said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed that book. When I saw the story on GMA, I was totally intrigued. I can't wait to read it too. Sounda extremely fascinating.

My friend, Malinda called me today to say how happy she was that I was not sitting in a hospital waiting room in Atlanta today. I told her how much we all appreciated her thoughts and prayers and how happy we all were to NOT be there as well.

It's really funny. Jim called me this morning and told me he had spoken to some of the brothers, then I heard Sue speak to him in the background and it just gave me such a good feeling to know that everyone had taken this day off from work to be together with you and Mom at the hospital, but it turned out to be a BONUS day for all of us..... So, dad, THANKS FOR THE BONUS!!!!

Love ya!!

Sue said...

It was such a treat to go to Sweet Tomatoes and celebrate the Non-surgery day!

CShore said...

I know it's been said, but I'm glad you didn't need surgery too. It would have been nice seeing everyone, but not so much under those circumstances! Take it easy and we'll see you real soon. Love you!