Tuesday, July 15, 2008

just to catch up some.

This past week has had it's ups and downs. Last Wednesday my computer caught a worm. This is not a good thing to happen. I was alerted while on line that I was under attack. So I ran my AVG software. It caught, and put in a vault, 3 worms. I was very happy. The software told me everything was good and I was fully protected. Then something started to open 'Internet Explorer' pages faster than I could close them. I ran the AVG software again. This time it over 6 hours to complete. Thursday morning I took the old desk top into the shop. The technician was quite familiar with the problem and said it would take all day to clean it up. About 2 o'clock Friday afternoon they called and said it was ready. It is now up and running just fine.
Sunday started ot good and got better. We went to Mass at Holy Cross for the first time in several weeks. It really felt good to get back with so many of our friends. It was breakfast Sunday and of course I over ate. I don't know why they always come around to me with seconds. Maybe because I never refuse them. Later in the day we got a call from the bulging Katie. She and Bryan were stuck at the Atlanta airport for the night. I won't go into the details, she will probably do that, they were on their way to Florida for a vacation with Bryan's family, but she needed someplace to stay. We called Mike and he was more than willing to pick them up at the North end of the MARTA line. They were both worn out from their ordeal. (Only 3 hours sleep the night before.) We had a reral nice visit with them and got caught up on what was going on in their lives. Monday morning I took them to the airport to continue their adventure.
Today was Primary day here and I did my civic duty. One of the questions on the ballot was about bring MARTA rail into the county. I'm all for that. I think of the uture when I can no longer drive and would like to get places on public transportation. I got to vote for John Linder who is sponsoring the "Fair Tax" bill in Congress. I also voted for the Republican party to press for the passage of that same "Fair Tax" bill.
Tomorrow is Aquarium day and I am looking forward to another day of fun.
Love.

4 comments:

Peggie said...

Aren't you glad you're retired? You wouldn't have time for all your adventures if you had to work for a living!!! Thank you eversomuch for taking care of Katie and Bryan. I understand the rest of their trip went without a problem. See you soon. Love ya!!

JP2E said...

Sorry to hear about the attack on your computer. Glad you had a good guy to clean up the mess.
I wish you had called me about the trip to MARTA, I live a lot closer and would have been glad to be the chaufer. Grannies PT Cruiser can carry a lot of luggage...

Bill T said...

I'm sure that you and mom were happy to see Katie a Bryan. I know they were glad they did not have to sleep in the airport.

Sue said...

We did advance voting in DeKalb and we hardly had anyone or anything on our ballot. That will change with the General Election. We are going to get absentee ballots. It is great that anyone can get one and you don't even have to have a reason.