Thursday, August 6, 2009

A Book I read

I just finished a really good book. The title is "Good Day, The Paul Harvey Story". It is a very well written biography of the famous voice Paul Harvey. It looks at all the various phases of his life and his character
It is very well researched, documented and presented. I, like so many millions of others, have always liked to listen to Paul Harvey and this book tells me why. He and his wife were such radio pioneers and did so much to form news and comment shows so early in the history of radio.
This is a book that I very much recommend. If you like biographies, you will love this book. Thank you Sue for the gift.
Love.

3 comments:

Sue said...

I am so happy that you enjoyed the book on Paul Harvey. I admired him and looked forward to hearing him on the radio. Sometimes it took some hunting down the dial to find him but it was always worth the effort. The rest of the story presentations were always so entertaining and his unique delivery was great.

JP2E said...

I was a fan of Paul Harvey as well. Always upbeat, always positive, and ALWAYS uniquely American. Glad you enjoyed the book. Sue is very good at choosing gifts that fit well with the recipient...

CShore said...

Pretty cool sounding book! Glad you enjoyed it.